Thursday, June 08, 2006


There is a standoff in my garden......


between the California poppies and the dill. Both plants re -seeded themselves this summer and have grown ferociously, claiming almost all available space and leaving little room for weeds. For years I have spent hours pulling weeds, but the on-going competition between the poppies and dill has made it difficult for the weeds to grow. Ah, the wisdom of plants untended.










Close-up of my Oriental Poppy. They are brilliant, but short on bloom time.













These poppies re-seed themselves everywhere. I never know where they will pop-up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

The contrast is really quite lovely!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

It's me again! You added the poppies since I viewed the first photo, and I'm glad that you did! The close-ups bring out the beauty of their shapes and the wonderful color.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home